To help businesses save time and money, and unleash their human potential. Our vision is to power and empower millions of businesses with our software.
About Jibble Group
We’re a scale-up in the Workforce Management space that has fully embraced remote work since 2017. Headquartered in London, UK, we have close to 100 staff in 19 different countries.
We launched PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io in 2016 and 2017 respectively. PayrollPanda has become Malaysia’s leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble an award-winning time clock solution, each with thousands of paying customers.
About The Job
We’re looking for a highly experienced front-end developer to contribute to the 2.0 version of Jibble, which has been built on Vue. The Jibble 2.0 product has been released at the end of 2020, while PayrollPanda is midway through the design phase, with initial development having started in October 2020.
As part of an ambitious team you’ll work with a cutting edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
You will be working in a team of 11 engineers from 6 different countries, operating in bi-weekly sprints with daily stand-ups. We apply Scrum methodology in the development process and impact is continuously measured.
Besides front-end development, you will be deeply involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products.
The position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays and a fully remote work environment. When possible, we organise annual meetups in varying locations to work and socialise with the entire team.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of commercial web development experience
- At least 2 years of experience working with Vue.js or similar frameworks (React/Angular)
- At least 2 years of experience working with API integrations
- Familiarity with the Vue Composition API or Vue 3
- Experience using Material Design component libraries (preferably Vuetify)
- Solid TypeScript knowledge
- Ability to turn hi-fi designs into a pixel-perfect UI
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 time zones
Your responsibilities will include:
- Constantly extending and improving the Jibble 2.0 web client using Vue.js
- Working closely with product managers to implement new features according to well-defined specifications
- Refactoring and improving existing features of the product based on best practices, changing requirements and feedback from QA
- Writing Component and e2e Tests to ensure code robustness and documentation
- Exchanging ideas with the design team to improve the user experience
- Reviewing your peers’ code to keep our code base clean and extensible
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary package
- Fully remote work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible annual leave policy
- Annual product team meetups
- Personal development budget
- Annual device reimbursement budge
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Vue 2 with Composition API (migrating soon to Vue 3), fully typed using TypeScript
- Vuetify as Material Design framework
- UI/UX Designs in Figma
- Microservice API based on .NET Core 3.1
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Deployment on AWS Elastic Container Service
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing
To find out more about our recruitment process for this role, please click here
Salary: USD2,500 - USD5,000